Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Harvest

First off this is the view I wake up to every morning... 


Not bad eh?


Anyways on to what I have been doing lately:

Last Wednesday we headed off to Harvest, a Christian festival for youth in Northern England. It was a lot of fun despite me freezing to death (we slept in tents for four nights) in the rainy and cold English weather. Needless to say I was beyond thrilled to return home Sunday afternoon to a nice warm bed.

I couldn't complain about much else though about the time we spent at the event. The festival is hosted on a farm about 15 minutes down the road from us. The farm is owned by a Christian who lets his fields and barn be used for the event. The scenery was beautiful. The landscape here is just breathtaking.

We attended seminars on topics like Media and God and had morning bible studies with a awesome guy named Jamie Hill. At night we would meet again and have a speaker (my housemate Ben Jack was one of them) and worship. I was curious to see how worship here compared to worship back home and surprisingly it was pretty much the same. The worship band was awesome and God definitely did some stuff through them and the speakers.

My favorite lyrics from the week were:

"Love came down and rescued me 
I thank you, I thank you" 



Ste getting ready to set up his tent.

Mine was up when I got there thanks to the lovely Emillie :)












And yes I awoke to this flying over one of the campsites one morning!









No comments:

Post a Comment