We kicked off our three main youth groups last night and it was awesome. Firecrackers just hung out and played games to get back in the swing of things (next week we are making bird feeders and stuffing our garden plot scarecrow). Yes I am just as excited as they are. In Thunderbolts we shifted our focus from Harry Potter to Narnia! Which I absolutely love. Ste's dad even made us a lamppost! The kids really seemed to enjoy it and we are starting to split up into our teams more so we have a chance to talk and get to know each of them better, being more relational with them. It was nice to just sit and chat with them about school, life and their prayers for snow! (Glad I am not the only one). One of the lads, Finn, explained to us that when it snows it's God baking up in heaven and he has left over sugar so he sprinkles it on earth....how stinking cute and precious is that??! In Lightning Bolts we had a lot of new kids because the older ones moved up. Again the leaders split up among the kids and we got to chat and hang out with them while we had a quiz. It was an awesome first night back and I look forward to all God has planned this term! :)
6 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment