Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Texan Time!

Today we woke up bright and early (4:30am) to see the Texans off. The last week and a half with them has been awesome. So weird to think that I came on the same trip only a year ago. We did a lot of the same work in the schools, but this year we took 19 kids on a residential weekend to Marrick Priory. It was so much fun! The kids and the leaders all grew so much. The Texans did a great job leading sessions and on Monday night at youth groups several kids were teary eyed as they said goodbye to their new friends. I could go on and on about the past week but instead I thought I would just mention some highlights: 

  • Taking 45 primary school kids on a field trip/walk to see the Methodist church and St Mary's Church then running three youth groups. It was exhausting, but so much fun.
  • Baking cakes with kids in enrichment classes at the secondary school.
  • Getting in our recipe books and tea towels!
  • Taking a day trip to York. I immediately fell in love with the city. It has York Minster, the cutest shops and the streets look like Harry Potter.
  • Climbing Roseberry Topping.
  • Doing archery and hauling my fat butt up a ropes course at Marrick.
  • Having wonderful and moving conversations with some of the greatest kids ever.
  • Sharing a house with three boys instead of one. Needless to say I got picked on!
  • Spending a gorgeous and SUNNY day in Whitby!
I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting, but hopefully these will help give an idea:

York






Great Ayton/Roseberry Topping






Marrick Priory











On the train to Whitby.


Whitby








No comments:

Post a Comment