Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lent with Lozza — Day Forty-Three

Hypocrite. If you're a Christian you most likely have heard that word before. People may accuse you of being one or maybe you've accused someone of being one. Either way, it's not a nice thing.

In the Bible, we see the pharisees as a prime example of this. They appear religious and devoted to God, but they are obsessed with appearing. When Jesus came it was no wonder they were confused. His message didn't fit their views and naturally they felt threatened. If we are focused on appearances and what other people think then we have missed the point. We have missed the relationship with Jesus.

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
-Galatians 1:10

The only person we answer to is Christ. He is all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment