Meet my new friend Humphrey. Isn't he adorable?!
Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields. Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, “Hosanna!" “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” “Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
-Mark 11: 8-10
In Stuart's sermon this morning he debated what the reaction of the people in Nunthorpe would be if Jesus were here riding a donkey down the street. Would people stop? Would people praise him? Or would people look and then keep on going about their day? I love how enthusiastic and happy the crowd sounds in this passage. And they have every right to be, they are in the presence of the Lord! I would like to think we would react the same way, but I'm not so sure we would. But if we are true children of Christ we should be doing this on a daily basis. Worshipping and praising His mighty name. How could we not?






No comments:
Post a Comment