Sunday, October 9, 2011

Home sweet home

For the last week and half or so I went home to TEXAS! I just got back in the UK last night and haven't done much since I passed out and didn't wake up until 5pm. Yeah... my sleeping pattern is going to be all messed up. Anyways, just thought I would fill everyone in on my awesome time back in the states!

I landed in Houston the 27th of September and my first stop was Rancho Grande for some good old Mexican food. Best decision ever. The next day me and my mama headed to Belton and Salado for a fun day of shopping and hanging out (disguised by my need to pick up Becca's wedding present). Also got to see the lovely Andra while I was in town. Miss that girl! Then Thursday kicked off the wedding festivities. We had the bachelorette party, got our nails done, had the rehearsal dinner and then Saturday was the big day! Rebecca looked beautiful and I was so blessed to be a part of her and Cody's day!



Getting our nails done!


Hanging out after the rehearsal dinner. 


Before the wedding. 


Me catching the bouquet. 


Line dancing to Copperhead Road. 


The beautiful bride and groom! 

It was a great wedding and a fun week, but I passed out right when I got home that night. I was beat. The rest of the week I was on dog duty. My parents decided to get Abby's ears clipped while I was gone so she went from this:


To this:



Poor baby! We eventually took the cone off because she could barely lay down with it on, but that meant we had to keep an even closer eye on her so she wouldn't scratch. Mom spent the first night sleeping with her and me the second. So exhausting. She decided to sleep mostly on top of me. Mom and dad tried to convince me that she is getting my bed while I am gone. Very funny! Spent the rest of my time visiting with friends, family and shopping. My mom insisted I stock up for the harsh English winter. Therefore I am now a proud owner of pink thermals :) 

I had a great time at home and I am going to miss being away from everyone since it will be 9 months before I see most of them again. All I can say is thank goodness for technology otherwise I probably wouldn't survive!


"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word."
 –John Steinbeck





No comments:

Post a Comment