Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lent with Lozza — Day Nineteen through Twenty-Nine

So I realize it has been forever since I blogged. Spring break and then a computer crashing will do that to you. But enough excuses!

We are still reading Crazy Love and though I've missed the last couple bible studies I've really enjoyed this book. It's challenging and it's eye opening. One of the last chapters I've read was about being lukewarm. One little bit really hit me.

He measures us and anticipates our departure from this earth to be with him—and we wonder, indifferently, how much we have to do for Him to get by. 

I can't lie and say that this isn't me at times. Sometimes I fit God in and do things because I feel like I should when really it should be the other way around. I find myself distracted and pulling away. And let's face it folks if we don't have that strong relationship with him then we are lukewarm. Doing more, taking on more tasks, etc is not going to change that. Chan says that the only way to avoid being lukewarm is to fall madly in love with Christ. And he's right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment