Chan talks about how we should love Jesus and not in the way say we love ketchup, but the way we love our spouses or children, even more than that. Some people find this intimacy with Christ to be weird or impossible. Chan says if we want that close relationship it's possible. It's not about trying harder or doing certain things more, it's about being open to Him and letting Him help you.
"The fact is, I need God to help me love God. And if I need His help to love Him, a perfect being, I definitely need His help to love other, fault-filled humans. Something mysterious, even supernatural must happen in order for genuine love for Gof to grow in our hearts. The Holy Spirit has to move in out lives."
And I don't think Paul could say it any better than this:
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
-Galatians 5:6
Christ is someone you can be real with. No games. No gimmicks. And he loves you. Unconditionally. What more could you want?






No comments:
Post a Comment