Monday, March 26, 2012

Lent with Lozza — Day Thirty-Three

Last night was the launch of a new/revised service for ages youth and above called Encounter. It was really laid-back and very similar to the church I attend back in the states. We did a bit of worship, had a talk, discussed, prayed and closed with a song. If I had to be honest it was probably the only time I've had goose bumps and really felt like I was worshipping since I've been here. Not to say I haven't felt the presence of God and that he isn't here in Nunthorpe. I just felt like it was the first time things weren't so rigid and to be even more frank, boring.

Mike, our director of YFC did a talk about how great and big God is and how great and big His love for us is. I loved this one piece of scripture he used:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
-Psalm 19:1-4

How can you not be in awe when you read this? How great is our God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment