Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lent with Lozza — Day Thirteen


If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
-1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Everyone recognizes this book and chapter as the "love chapter" and Paul makes it very clear that if we are to be Christians we must have love. Without it, all the things we do are in vain and worthless. God can't be fooled by a performance, no matter how good it is. And love is something that has become so ordinary to us - we love pizza, we love our favorite TV show, etc. A lot of times we cling to and show emotion for things that are shallow and short lived. 

We forget to realize that love was a gift, first shown to us for God. He loved us so much that he sent his son to live and die for us. As Christians we get to feel that love and practice it in our lives. 

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 
-1 John 4:8

As we live lives centered on God we become like Him, like love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment