Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jane Eyre

Yesterday we had a day in the schools doing Christian Union in the Sixth Form (college) and then an assembly in the primary school. So much fun! Love when we go into the schools. The primary school especially because  a.) They get so excited when we come in and start waving b.) because when we start the assembly I say "Good afternoon!" and they all chime back in perfect unison "Good afternoon Lauren!" Melts my heart. 

Then last night I met up with my friend Rosie to go see Jane Eyre. And in perfect English style I got poured on from all directions on the walk to Rosie's house. I was somewhat soaked, but I didn't care because the cinema means yummy popcorn. Rosie and I had so much fun and the movie was really good! I recommend it for sure! 



Rosie and I laughed the whole night at one particular scene that went like this:

Mr. Rochester: Your gaze is so direct Miss Eyre. Do you fine me handsome. 

Jane Eyre: No.

Mr. Rochester: Why not? I have all my limbs and features. 

Probably one of those had to be there moments, but the language in period films is just really amusing. One of the reasons I love those kinds of films so much!

Also, we decided to try this new hairstyle:


What do you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment