Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shattered

Been a busy weekend! I'm positively shattered as the British would say. Friday we had lunch in the senior school with the kids, then had Life Group with my girls where we started looking at the book of Ruth and then to finish off the night we had Club:EQ. We had two bands and two girls perform along with games. Had about 75 people there overall!


One of the bands called The Undecided.


One of the girls from a local school. She was really good!



Me and some of the girls from Life Group and EQ. 


Then yesterday I tagged along to an event at a local church. My housemate Ben runs a night, called The Pursuit, in churches around the area talking and interacting with youth. Ben spoke on mission and what that looks like in our lives as Christians and another YFC worker, Amy, spoke on being chosen by God. It was a lot of fun, despite the temperature last night being in the high 40's and no heat was on in the building. By the time we got out of there it was after 11 and we were starving so we stopped at the wonderful McDonald's (best version of fast food they have over here). Thanks to Ben I nearly had a heart attack when he slammed on the brakes with my lap full of food and drinks just for a laugh. I don't get picked on or anything living with two boys...



After what seemed like a short sleep we were up and at it again this morning with church and this afternoon we kicked off a new family service in the hall Ste and I named Connect 4. t's about bringing people together and it's at 4pm so hence the name, yes we are so clever! Overall it went really well. We had several families show up with about ten kids. Ste talked on the parable of the mustard seed, we sang songs and we had a prayer station with canvas that the kids loved. It was really nice to see families in the church because it's not something that typically happens on a Sunday. Most of the congregation in the mornings tend to be over 60, so I'm praying that this new service will open up opportunities for families to grow together.

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” -Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment