Tonight I did a talk on how God made us all unique for one of our youth groups. Our theme this term is Narnia and there is a scene where the youngest Lucy casts a spell to be like her older sister Susan. Lucy wants to be like her because she wants to be beautiful. When she changes she realizes that she loses her identity and there no longer is any Lucy and no Narnia (she discovered it and told her siblings). Aslan (representing God) tells here "You doubt your value. Don't run from who you are."
I linked this with what the Bible says about our creation.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
-Psalm 139:13
God took time to make each and every one of us. He knows every little detail because of it:
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
-Luke 12:7
I challenged the kids to think about what the world would be like if we were all the same and asked them to reflect on how being a creation of God made them feel. I think it's a pretty awesome. Think of how different and valuable we all are!






No comments:
Post a Comment